I will not be shy as well as coy about it. Well, I turn 19 today. While there is a part of me that is in the state of â€œWTF!?â€ there is another part of me that is like â€œEh, whatever.â€ 19 is simply a number in reality. It is not the length of time spent, but whether or not the time spent has been worthwhile thus far. I humbly say that YES, it has been. If I could go back in time, would there be things I would change? Heck yes! However, we can not change the past and â€œregrets,â€ even though I have gad a few but far too few to mention. It is time to enjoy another year of life of many more years in my life to come, because let me face it: the past year was the greatest for me.
So letâ€™s begin with what I doÂ NOTÂ want for my birthday, nor for the last year before my second decade on this planet:
- I doÂ NOTÂ want to take any more stupid, general education classes at college, becauseÂ I have two majors I need to complete. Bad enough this first semester was brutal, and the next one will be the last brutal semester. College is a money-maker, and the more bogus classes you take, the more money they get.
- I doÂ NOTÂ want any more digestive issues.Â Â My stomach and waste system is problematic and bothering, keeping things at that. Having to race out of a room , classroom, rehearsal to â€œrelieve myselfâ€Â (those who understand that â€“ good, those who do not, let us keep it that way!)Â has gotten old and is exhausting. Â I think things are closer to being under control, and that is a good thing; so, let it stay that way and continue to improve!
- I doÂ NOTÂ want to be single. I am looking for someone, a companion, who I can spend time with, because everyone knows â€“ face it: I have never had a girlfriend and I need girl time.
Ok, now for what IÂ DOÂ want:
- I want to laugh more.
- I want to enjoy time with family and friends more.
- I want to take time out of each day to just sit, listening to the world around me and be in awe of it all.
- I want to make others smile.
- I want to listen more to what others are saying and to actually HEAR them.
- I want to notice more of the little things â€” because in the end, I believe it is the little things that will matter the most.
- I want to be more spontaneous â€” and for those who know me, they know this is a tough one!
- I want to bring just a little more joy into the world each day. Â Nothing big and it does notÂ have to be noticed by anyone other than myself. Â It can be as simple as watching the dog go insane when I reach for her leash, or as complex as the â€œperfectâ€ musical moment during a rehearsal or concert that makes people take a pause, sigh, and smile.
- I want to have people around campus at SCSU to appreciate others and support others, rather than themselves.
I have lived a life that is full, andÂ in my life, I have loved them all. There is so much more to do. Let it begin! Happy birthday, to me â€“ Drewski!
Thanks to the crowd at Sullyâ€™s that celebrated my birthday with me.
That meant a lot.